Calling all epicureans, foodies and gastronomes. Oakland Community College’s (OCC) Culinary Studies Institute is continuing its lineup of offerings and events open to the community. Join the College’s aspiring chefs for a wonderful dining experience. Experience the best in food and service at these special events held at OCC’s Orchard Ridge Campus in Farmington Hills.
* Craft Beer Bonanza, April 20, 6 p.m. Ale Yeah! This event is a "don't miss" for beer enthusiasts. Join us for awesome suds and a knockout five-course, strolling dining experience. Please do sit in judgment as we invite you to play along by voting for your favorite suds. Explore our dangerously drinkable combos at our cash bar as well as enjoy our complimentary passed appetizers. Price is $45.00 per person. Tickets are available now!
* The Garden Party, Sunday, June 11, 1:00 p.m.to 4:00 p.m. at Meadow Brook Hall. Thegardenpartymichigan.org
Dine with us at the Orchard Ridge campus.
* Ridgewood Café – Menu items are freshly prepared from scratch and change daily. Offerings include salads, sandwiches, entrées and desserts. Guests can dine in with full service or utilize the cafeteria and help themselves. The Café is open from 11:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., most Tuesdays and Wednesdays through April 19. *The Ridgewood Cafe is closed Feb. 28 through March 8.
* Reflections Restaurant – The restaurant’s Prix Fixe $16 menu features a four-course meal with three entrées to select from that change weekly. Reservations are required. Wine and beer are available. The restaurant is open Thursdays, 11:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., through April 20. *The Reflections Restaurant is closed March 2 and 9.
* The Bakery – Open Wednesdays, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., on the third floor of J Building. Purchase breads, cakes, candies, cookies and chocolates. *Join us for a special bakery sale March 16 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and Feb. 23, and April 20 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
For more event information, visit OCC Culinary Events
About the OCC Culinary Studies Institute OCC’s Culinary Studies Institute is Michigan’s premier hospitality school. The largest of the Institute’s programs, Culinary Arts, gives students a combination of classroom and hands on experience. In addition to extensive time in kitchen labs cooking and baking, specialties such as ice carving and wine and spirits are offered. Students participate in events such as the annual Wassail Feast at the student-run Ridgewood Café, a restaurant on the Orchard Ridge Campus.
With five campuses throughout Oakland County, Oakland Community College is committed to providing academic and developmental experiences that allows each student to reach their full potential and enhance the diverse communities they serve. It offers degrees and certificates in approximately 100 career fields and university transfer degrees in business, science and the liberal arts. More than a million students have enrolled in the college since it opened in 1965. To learn more about OCC, visit http://www.oaklanddoc.edu